Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Treasures from The Land of Standing Stones

THIS IS A WRITING EXCERCISE FROM THE SOUL FOOD CAFE
WE WERE SUPPOSE TO CREATE A MEDICINE BAG AND SURRENDER BOX
AND THEN WRITE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE.

I HAD WAY TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS ONE
AMM
APRIL,11,2006


I've made a few things since coming to the land of Standing Stones...want to see?


I've made a Medicine Bag-

His name is Calabar Felonway and I made him with my own two hands, right here in the Land of Standing Stones. See that hill behind us with the weird tree growing at it's base?

What do the travelers call it?

Oh yes, the Screaming Tree.

That's were I met, made (whatever) Calabar Felonway.
One of these days I'll get around to Calabar's story and what I've hidden in him. But that's for another time. Right now it's between me and Calabar.

This is my Surrender Box-


His name is Lesser Thornapple.

Lesser sits on my work desk and during Christmas people decorate him with tinsel and during Halloween they drop candy into him and the rest of the time people poke at his empty eye sockets with their pencils and pens and I'm glad his jaw is missing or there would be a few less pen and pencils and fingers in the world.

I tell Lesser all my secrets... like where my stories really come from and I tell him about my nightmares and about the things that really scare me...that's probably why Lesser Thornapple isn't normal anymore. I know I haven't been the same since I started to talk to Lesser...yes, I've changed a lot.

So those are the treasures I've made since I came to the Land of Standing Stones. And I thought I wasn't the artistic type!

Anita Marie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home